The Fresh Aire Music of Mannheim
The groundbreaking sound of Fresh Aire with this double disc set from Mannheim Steamroller. Beautifully packaged, The Fresh Aire Music of Mannheim Steamroller is the perfect way to introduce yourself or others to the eclectic musical styles and imaginative sounds that made Mannheim Steamroller one of the best selling musical artists of all time.
Discover Spring, Summer, Fall adn Winter
Unique style of music that blends classical forms with Rock & Roll rhythms
Explore themes of discovery and journey
Enjoy a sampling of imagination-bending and soul-stirring.
Grammy-award winning musical compositions.
- Mannheim has sold over 40 million albums, outselling artists such as Bruce Springsteen, Bon Jovi and Billy Joel, making them one of the top 50 best selling artists during the past two decadesFact 1
- If you lined up all the CDs sold, they would stretch from New York to Los Angeles and then into the Pacific Ocean -- more than 3000 miles.Fact 2
- If you stacked up the CDs, they would be taller than the Sears Tower -- 645 times taller.Fact 3
- The band’s name came from Mannheim, Germany where Mozart lived. Mannheim Steamroller is the name for an 18th century musical technique known as the crescendo.Fact 4
- Chip formed the American Gramaphone record label in 1974 when no label would take on his music. Today, American Gramaphone is one of the most successful independent music franchises in history.Fact 5
- Mannheim Steamroller’s music styling, dubbed “18th Century Classical Rock”, is largely credited with establishing the genre of New Age music.Fact 6
- The music industry told Chip, “Don’t do a Christmas album because that will signal the end of your career.” Mannheim Steamroller Christmas went on to sell five million copies after Chip produced it himself -- and changed the sounds of Christmas music forever.Fact 7
- Mannheim Steamroller is the #1 Christmas music artist of all times, selling over 27 million albums. The second highest Christmas artist is Elvis Presley.Fact 8
- Since 1984, Mannheim has traveled more than 27 million miles, hung more than 2.6 million square feet of video screen, and booked more than 41,000 hotel rooms in eight different time zones for its annual Christmas Tour.Fact 9
- Chip has created two traveling troupes for the Mannheim Steamroller Christmas Tour to meet continuing popular demand even after 25 years.Fact 10
- The top-selling non-music product on the Mannheim Steamroller website is Cinnamon Hot Chocolate. The hottest selling ring tone for mobile phones is “Carol of the Bells”Fact 11
- The group has traveled throughout the world for recording sessions and concerts including London, St. Petersburg, Russia, throughout Germany, Puerto Rico, Canada and Mexico.Fact 12